Welcome to my projects and progress page. This page is primarily for my own use to keep up with progress on all of the projects I’m working on. The projects range from ebook publishing, to content creation, to personal projects. This page was born out of my need to have all of my projects listed in one place so that I can keep up with all of the projects I’ve got going on, along with my progress, and help myself to keep focus on my project goals. For you as a site visitor, you can see on this page what I’m working on, and what may be coming to the website soon.
This is a new page, so I don’t have it up to date with everything. I am updating as I move through projects.
Projects In Business:
YaasColor – YaasColor.com is my color palettes business. I make digital color palettes that can be used by website designers for website color schemes, and also artists who can use them to pick specific colors for artwork.
- 2022-10-08-SAT @ 4:51 AM CST – Completed 1,000 10-color palettes for the 1st ebook in this series. Next step is to watermark these.
- 2022-10-08-SAT @ 5:39 PM CST – Just finished downloading Kellen Riggins stock photos on Unsplash (hundreds). These will be turned into more 10-color palettes for the 2nd ebook in this series.
Projects In Content Creation:
These projects include ebooks, and newsletter.
Ebook series – Portraits Of Duval Street.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 2:15 PM CST – Moved 109 photos to EC 2022-10-08-SAT folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. – 5:50 PM CST – Cropped images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 2:27 PM CST – Moved 298 photos to EC 2022-08-20-SAT folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. – 5:44 PM CST – Cropped images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 2:36 PM CST – Moved 303 photos to EC 2022-08-19-FRI folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. – 5:43 PM CST – Cropped images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 2:42 PM CST – Moved 70 photos to EC 2022-08-07-SUN folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. – 5:25 PM CST – Cropped Images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 2:51 PM CST – Moved 184 photos to EC 2022-08-06-SAT folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. – 5:19 PM CST – Cropped images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 4:32 PM CST – Moved 86 photos to EC 2022-06-19-SUN folder on phone. Folder name indicates date photos were acquired. Also ran to store for a composition book, new ink pens, and a 128GB flash drive to store this work on. – 5:10 PM CST – Cropped images.
- 2022-10-09-SUN @ 5:50 PM CST – All images noted above have been orgamized in folders by dates. They have all been cropped. They are now waiting to be transferred to flash drive to begin resizing, and additional cropping for next ebook(s).
Ebook series – UNTITLED – This is a series of short photo ebooks focusing on little moments in my outdoor photography. It could be sunrises, sunsets, aome random photos of fall leaves, or clouds over my home.
- 2022-10-11-TUE @ 7:40 AM CST – Drove out to Long Bridge Fishing Pier on Lake Harding in Alabama to catch photos of the sunrise. There wasn’t much action due to cloud cover, but the clouds broke and I got a few nice shots. I plan to use these photos as bonus photos in a ebook with aome other photos recently shot this past weekend.
MUDWALKER NEWSLETTER – This is a huge newsletter I put out monthly. You can find the latest issue here.
MUDWALKER NEWSLETTER decluttering – This project will involve removing, and turning some content in my newsletter into ebooks. There is currently content in the newsletter that I thought would be great for the publication, however as I add more and more content into this publication, I’ve realized some of it is better suited to be presented in seperate ebooks, or blog posts on my website. I’ve also realized that I really don’t have the time to keep publishing some of the content as it is very time consuming to collect. I am setting a new goal to make my newsletter more focused on my work specifically, and not so much “extra extra” stuff that may be distracting, and taking up too much time.
Personal Projects In Books:
Digitizing my books: I’ve got way to many paper-form books laying around my home. So I’m cutting them up, and scanning them so that I can make pdf format ebooks out of them and save myself some space.
- During the week of 09/26 – 10/02 scanned 4 books.
- During the week of 10/03 – 10/09 none scanned yet.
Personal Projects In Music:
Downloading A State Of Trance Podcast Downloads: Since around 2015, I’ve been into trance and edm music (a little). One of my favorite sources of trance music comes from Armin Van Buuren’s ASOT (A State Of Trance) music podcasts. There is a wonderful website at trancepodcasts.com where viewers can download these podcasts for free. The website is ad supported, however you can purchase a premium membership (which I highly recommend) that allows you to bypass the ads. There are over 1,000 episodes of this podcast, and I am trying to collect them all. I am downloading these in sets of 25 per folder. This is my preference for setting up the mp3’s for listening when time permits. ASOT is not the only podcast set available to download. There is a long list of them. As of Friday, September 30th, 2022, the website says that there are 18,312 podcasts to download.
- 2022-09-30-FRI @ 9:59 AM CST – 27 sets downloaded. 675 total podcasts collected.
Above photo credit: Taken by David Thrift at Long Bridge on Lake Harding in Alabama on Saturday, October 1st, 2022 @ 6:44 AM CST.
This page was started on Friday, September 30th, 2022 @ 8:13 AM CST, and was added to site on Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 @ 5:15 AM CST. Incidentally, I had just a few minutes prior dropped my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra on the floor under my home office desk which caused it a chipped and cracked screen. It was odd that such a short fall from my chair caused this damage. I can only figure that prior drops contributed as the phone up to this point was nearly two years old. Looks like I will be upgrading sooner than I thought when the new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra comes out in 2023.